Thursday, December 13, 2007

Movie #3455
Bratz
Sean McNamara, 2007, USA

I thank AirIndia for showing this on the plane.

If I could soak my written sentences with as much sarcasm as I would like to, I would say something akin to "the food fight sequence was so inspired that it briefly made me wish Kubrick had opted for the original ending to Dr. Strangelove". What I really want to say is "Bratz is to high art cinema as Dr. Harold Shipman is to mixologists".

I also want to utilise some choice quotations from Online Film Critics Society (OFCS) reviewers that perfectly articulate my own thoughts…

"One of the most blatantly offensive movies ever to be aimed at young audiences” (David Cornelius)

“A flat-out awful abortive trainwreck of a disastrous pile of worthless stupid garbage of an utter mess of a movie, even by the low, low standards of Movies Based on Toys” (Eric D Snider)

“Apparently Jon Voight can do worse than Baby Geniuses 2" (Peter Sobczynski)

Shame on Neil Minow, who was the only OFCS bloke to give it a positive review.

No comments: