Wednesday, October 31, 2007

SHADES OF GREY: Dogs have own acting awards, Scarlet Johansson is creepy, and Oprah is weird and boring.

Dame Helen Mirren’s corgis from The Queen have won the first ever Fido Award for Best Historical Hound Performance. The British award ceremony to honour canine acting, is part of the London Film Festival, and the corgis beat out the collie-mix owned by Samantha Morton in Control, and the brown hunting dog from French flick Moliere. This news suitably complements the Academy’s addition of a new Oscar for Best Mouse Performance in an Animated Biopic of a Dead Rock Star starring Meryl Streep that is Adapted from a Japanese Horror Movie.

Here’s something to make Scarlett Johansson seem less desirable: though the considerate girlfriend threw Blade: Trinity star Ryan Reynolds a birthday bash at hot-spot Chateau Marmont, her present was a little lacking … The Island star had recently removed her wisdom teeth, so had one dipped in gold and strung on a necklace. Mmm.

Inane Quote: Oprah Winfrey, co-star of the forthcoming animation Bee Movie … "Two bees came around and they were buzzing around my plate. I think they were after the basil... and instead of swatting them away I just allowed myself to be there with the bees. I am not gonna swat the bees because they have families; I'm now thinking, 'They have families...' I'm so affected by this movie." And Seinfeld is taking full credit for America's new love for bees: "I look at them and I think, 'You have no idea what I did for you!'"



Movie #3347:
Churchill: Hollywood Years

Peter Richardson, 2004, UK

Premise claims Winston Churchill was a Yank, and looked like Christian Slater. Decent cast of British comedians, but otherwise crap.

No comments: